There is certainly normally leftovers from these massive birds. #king5evening
SEATTLE — Costco sells 100 million rotisserie chickens just about every calendar year! And while these $5 buck birds flavor fantastic on their very own, chef Tom Douglas has a recipe for the leftovers. He joined us from the Warm Stove Culture kitchen area.
Costco Chili Crisp Roasted Chicken
By Tom Douglas
- Breast meat of Costco Rotisserie Hen (or any retail outlet-bought rotisserie rooster)
- 5 Shiitake mushrooms
- ½ lbs. Sweet peas
- White Rice
- 1 Star Anise pod
- Chili crisp (we suggest Kari Kari Garlic Chili Crisp – produced in Seattle)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Peanut oil
- Prepare dinner your favored rice in accordance to bag recommendations (We utilised Niko Niko Calrose Rice). Position 1 Star Anise pod into rice pot just before steaming.
- Slice chicken breast meat from your rotisserie rooster. Location in 325F oven for about 20 minutes or until inside temperature has achieved 145F.
- Spot peanut oil in a very hot pan and sauté shiitake mushrooms and sweet peas until finally nicely seared. Increase sesame oil.
- For serving, spoon sticky rice onto a serving dish. Position sliced hen on one side of the rice and stir-fried veggies on the other. Drizzle rooster with chili crisp.